Our Backwaiter Position
Benefits We Offer:
- Vacation pay*
- Competitive pay plus tips
- Flexible schedule
- Paid on the job training
- Opportunities for advancement – we promote from within
- Uniform (shirt and apron) provided at no cost
- Exclusive employee discounts
*For qualifying team members
The Backwaiter is responsible for restaurant dine-in and takeout operations, cleaning, running food, bussing restaurant tables and side work. They will assist with catering orders, including delivery when applicable. All Team Members must demonstrate customer service expertise by providing an individualized, exceptional guest experience.
- Guiding guests through their experience while taking, placing, and reviewing orders for takeout and catering.
- Understands the restaurant menu to identify the different menu items for takeout and catering, able to guide guests on choosing menu items, and ready to answer guest’s questions.
- Review orders with the Guest (at pick-up or upon delivery) and / or with a 3rd Party Delivery-Driver ensuring order accuracy.
- Delivers amazing hospitality experience to guests by anticipating, delivering and exceeding guest’s expectations.
- Clears, cleans, and sanitizes restaurant tables, bussing dishes to kitchen dishwasher station and resets tables as needed. Also, removes bus tubs from the bar to kitchen dishwasher station
- Restocks, cleans, and maintains all restaurant stations.
- Understands restaurant seating layout, how tables are divided into server areas, and how to deliver food within the restaurant.
- Will serve food or beverages for dine-in and takeout.
- Previous experience is not required – we will train you!
- Excellent customer service skills and etiquette
- Must be able to operate kitchen equipment, including the coffee machine, iced tea machine, lemon slicer, point of sale (POS) system and any other applicable system(s)
- Ability to execute proper sanitation practices and safety procedures
- We will help you obtain any required certifications
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team-work environment
Why work for us?
Because it’s more than a job. We are passionate people doing meaningful work, motivated by our purpose: To celebrate life, family, and food.
P.F. Chang’s is a unique concept like no other restaurant; a scratch kitchen and concept you can take pride in. We believe in P.F. Chang’s – 29 years strong and still growing, sharing, and celebrating each day!